Thursday 10 June 2010

our wedding stationery

As its a year on from our wedding I thought it would be a nice time to share our wedding stationery with you all! I think I was my own worst customer and left a lot of the printing to the last minute!!
I wanted to create the feeling of a summer wedding and include details from our wedding; lots of flowers and bunting! The wording for the invite was informal...as this is the atmosphere we wanted at our wedding...a relaxed and informal one!

I think the rsvps are my favourite...I think the postcard format works great for reply cards.
I included a tandem in the design on the reverse as we were riding about on a tandem the day we got engaged!
(I say we...but I was just admiring the scenery on the back while Ed pedalled away!)

I couldn't decide on one design for the placecards so went for four! Each had a little message on the back thanking our guest for coming to share our day.
The menu started with a help yourself starter, inc. bread, feta cheese, roasted garlic, chutney etc, then onto Paella served from big pans then onto lemon tart for pudding.

We had a huge amount of people to thank...our friends and family were so so generous with both gifts and their time and help. There is no way we could have done it without them.
It really made me realise what super people we have around us.

I just bought a plain notebook from Muji for our guestbook and stuck a design on the cover.
It was fun reading the messages after from our merry guests!
The order of services were printed like a three fold leaflet...which looked nice and informal and was easy to print and included a little history about the church...to keep the guests entertained while they waited for the late bride!
(I really struggle not too be late....so I aimed to be there on time which meant I was only 10 minutes late!)

Apologies for the average photographs, I haven't got a great camera or am I good at photography!

I have worked on numerous wedding stationery commissions and do have a website here.
It really needs updating as being a fickle designer I am no longer completely happy with my collection or website!
I do prefer to work on a commission basis...that way a customer gets a design that is unique, personal and perfectly suited to their wedding or occasion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails