Friday 15 January 2010

a day off to see a show!

Me and my dad went to London for the day yesterday for his christmas present. We had such a lovely day, the morning spent wandering along the southbank, with a visit to the Tate Modern.
The bookshop in the Tate is fantastic, I could certainly spend an hour or two there.

They have a big installation there at the moment by Miroslaw Balka called The Unilever Series.
You're encouraged to walk into this huge contained space of pure darkness! We were wimps and didn't brave it further than about 5 metres!

In the afternoon we went to the Victoria Palace Theatre to see the Billy Elliot Musical. It was truly fantastic, a real emotional rollercoaster with such great performances from the cast. A wonderfully thought out production...the best my dad had seen so he said!

So a lovely day and good christmas present for my dad I think!
Now back to work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails