Friday 7 October 2011

My African mural....

The main purpose of my trip was to create some artwork on the walls of the
Timbutini Pre school which is linked to Hawane Farm.
I have no realised that I haven't taken very good 'after' photos...most of them are close ups
but hopefully you still get a good idea of what I was up to over in Swaziland....
Me and mom in action below...I certainly couldn't have completed
it in time without her help!
Me with the lion below....my favourite! I loved decorating his mane!
Timbutini Pre School now has a sign...it wasn't clear that it was actually
a school before I got my hands on it!
At times I missed my 'apple-z' option while I was painting but I am overall pleased
with how it's all turned out and really enjoyed working on a large scale.
I had no idea of what the school was like beforehand so I had to plan quickly once I arrived.
Below are some close ups, I really wanted to include some textural detail...
It was important to get some health messages across to the children...
Daily at Timbutini Pre School the children are given multi-vitamins and also
brush their teeth after their lunch.
Here's the queue for toothbrushes...
Lovely faces above and below that made my days painting very cheery...
above: singing to me....again! and the boys are fighting in the background...again!!
I'm sure boys will be boys no matter which continent we're in!
The head teacher Patricia, below, with the welcoming lion.
Above, our last day....it was all so much fun!

a fact for you: Timbutini means goats in siSwati the language of Swaziland!

I hope you've enjoyed having a nose this week at pics from my trip! It all feels like a dream
after a week back in the UK....a a very good dream!

Have a great weekend everyone....time to get those Autumn clothes out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is wonderful, you must be so proud. My mum used to do murals like this and it was a great time, thank you for reminding me :)
Jx

Lauren Doughty said...

It looks amazing Beth!!!

MathewRhys said...

wow these are amazing! great designs!

monda-loves said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love the zebra - too cute.

lisa stubbs said...

Ah it looks fantastic Beth, what a truly fab and rewarding thing to do, wonderful! well done you!x

Ian Summers said...

That's awesome Beth! It looks like you had an amazing time.

mrs cheese said...

These are absolutely wonderful and what a fantastic thing to do
x

Esani said...

wow...what a great project to work on. Well done. Looks amazing. The kids must be thrilled.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails